Associate Optometrist Position, Edmonton
Eye-deology Vision Care is an independent, locally owned and operated, vision care and optical clinic in north Edmonton. We provide advanced eye care and modern eyewear in one of the city’s busiest commercial developments. We are in search of a licensed, Associate Optometrist to be a part of our professional optometric team. Along with assistants and opticians, you will provide optometric care to our existing and growing clientele in the Edmonton area. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in Edmonton.
Qualifications and Duties
- Doctorate of Optometry.
- Licensed in the province of Alberta.
- Examine patients' eyes, conduct tests, and use specialized instruments to determine ocular health and visual acuity.
- Prescribe treatment to conserve, improve, and correct vision and other ocular disorders.
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, and counsel on use and care.
- Develop your desired areas of patient care excellence (such as dry eye, scleral lenses, VT, glaucoma, ocular disease, or others).
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists or other physicians and surgeons, when necessary.
- Counsel and inform patients on visual hygiene, ocular health, optical products, and eye safety.
- Other duties as required.
Working Environment & Clinic Resources
We offer the opportunity to join our team and will provide training, some continuing education and support to those who demonstrate proficiency and commitment. If you are interested in practicing full scope optometry in a fully equipped practice including full pretesting, FDT visual field testing, confocal retinal imaging, OCT, topography with anterior segment dry eye analysis (including meibomography) and videography, Humphrey Visual Field, and electronic medical records, along with energetic, experienced staff then this is a great opportunity. We offer flexible work hours and no Sundays or Holidays. Presently we are looking for Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, with the possibility to expand days when established. We also have a great working relationship with local ophthalmologists and general practitioners.
If providing advanced eye care, having access to cutting-edge optometric technologies, and working in a team-oriented atmosphere is important to you, our clinic is the place for you to practice. Please contact us for more information.