Prescription Sunglasses: Personalized Protection & Style
Sunglasses are an effective way to protect your eyes and ensure clear, strain-free vision when you are outdoors and driving. Repeated exposure to sunlight can lead to permanent eye damage. Ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun can cause sunburns on the eyes and lids, and over time, can lead to cataracts and macular degeneration. For those who need prescription eyewear, sun protection is available through several options, including prescription sunglasses, light-sensitive photochromic lenses, eyeglasses with clip-on sunglass lenses, or combining non-prescription glasses with contact lenses. The best solution depends on your personal preferences, comfort and which option fits in best with your lifestyle and budget.Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists
Eye-deology Vision Care, Edmonton
Our Prescription Sunglasses: What Makes Them The Best
- Experienced Optometrists & Opticians: When it comes to prescribing and crafting eyewear, there is no substitute for experience.
- Personalized Selection & Fitting: Prescription, size, shape, style, lifestyle, budget - every person is unique. We customize sunglasses to our patients.
- State-of-the-Art Digital Measurements: Seeing your best requires eyewear tailored specifically to you with sub-millimetre accuracy.
- Selection: With more than 1,000 frames and sunglasses to choose from, we have the shape, size, colour, styles and price point for every patient.
- Modern Lenses: We use high-performance prescription lenses from some of the best manufacturers, including Hoya, Zeiss, Essilor, Maui Jim, and Oakley.
- Personalized Tint Colours: We offer an amazing selection of lens tints and coloured mirror finishes to choose from.
- Exceptional Coatings: Harder than glass scratch-resistance and backside anti-reflection lens coatings protect your lenses and offer strain-free vision.
- Commitment to Detail: All prescription eyewear undergoes multiple phases of quality control and quality assurance.
- Complimentary Adjustments: Bumps and knocks can shift lenses and nose pads out of alignment. Enjoy free lifetime adjustments at our clinic.
- Peace Of Mind Warranty: Our eyewear includes a peace of mind manufacturer's warranty against flaws and defects.
Great Eyewear Is More Than An Rx
Crafting Superior Sunglasses: What We Consider
Our eye care and eyewear professionals factor for the following to personalize sunwear specifically for you:Schedule A V.Eye.P. Sunglass Fitting
Eyewear That Reduces Glare
Polarized Sunglass Lenses: Crisp, Clear, Strain-Free Vision
Polarized sunglass lenses reduce glare and eyestrain. Therefore, they improve vision and safety when outdoors. Glare results when light reflects off a smooth surface, and the light reflects at a single angle (rather than scattering in multiple directions). Glare is typical in environments characterized by water, asphalt, metal, and glass. Accordingly, individuals living in a city-scape like Edmonton would most certainly benefit from polarized sunglasses.
Polarized lenses reduce glare by filtering horizontal light. They accomplish this by behaving similar to vertical blinds - the only light seen is that which passes through the vertical openings. The result of polarized filtering is a slightly darker view, but with objects that appear crisper, clearer and with details easier to see.Schedule A V.Eye.P. Sunglass Fitting
Customing Your Outdoor Vision
Prescription Sunglasses: Lifestyle-Specific Tints
When choosing coloured lenses, be sure to consider your lifestyle, such as daily work and recreational activities, and how you plan to use your sunglasses the most. Each colour is specifically suited to enhance and improve vision for certain settings, lighting conditions, and activities. At the same time, some colors can actually disrupt vision when worn in the wrong setting. So understanding the purpose and benefits of each color will help you make the right selection when it’s time to make your next purchase.
- Gray: A neutral colour that blocks the most light, so it is especially great for bright conditions and reducing glare. Gray-tinted lenses provide anti-fatigue benefits, which make them great for all-purpose use, such as driving.
- Brown: A glare-reducing neutral colour that is well-matched for cloudy days or flat light conditions. It is an excellent choice that reduces glare while enhancing contrast.
- Green: A colour that helps provide contrast by filtering out blue light. It also helps reduce glare and eye strain in brighter sunlight. This tint is for year-round and everyday wear.
- Yellow: A light colour that excels in moderate- to low-level light conditions. They offer exceptional depth perception, improve visibility, make surroundings appear brighter, and block out blue light.
- Blue: A colour that improves colour perception, enhance contrast, and reduce glare from reflective surfaces like snow. They are great for foggy and misty conditions.
- Pink/Rose: A colour that blocks blue light and can help to increase the depth of field and enhance detail. They are a fantastic choice for driving.
Selecting A Frame That Complements Your Needs.
Prescription Sunglasses: Your Prescription Matters When Choosing A Frame
Your prescription heavily influences the lens design, type and index that you require to see your best. In turn, these parameters can help determine the frame options best suited to accommodate them. Likewise, your lifestyle and how you use your eyes most can influence which frame offers the greatest benefits in terms of frame type, ruggedness, dimensions weight, flexibility, and material type. As a general rule, the higher your prescription or greater the prescription imbalance is between your eyes, the greater the need for more advanced, personalized lenses and a suitable frame. Our experienced licensed opticians are here to help tailor and craft eyewear to you and your needs.Schedule V-eye-P Sunglass Fitting
Expert Eyewear Crafting Requires Experts.
Prescription Sunglasses: See Everything Clearly
A major misconception is that eye care and eyewear are distinctly separate services. Our optometrists, licensed opticians and labs work together, like architects and builders, to ensure that you receive the highest quality prescription eyewear that addresses your unique medical, vision, lifestyle, and budget needs. Understanding your needs, presenting eyewear options that address them, and a commitment to exceptional craftsmanship is how we tailor eyewear specifically to you, enabling you to see your very best.Schedule A V.Eye.P. Sunglass Fitting
Eyewear For Everyone In Edmonton
Prescription Eyewear: Financial Assistance In Edmonton
The Alberta Child Health Benefit, Alberta Adult Health Benefit, and Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) provide financial supports to eligible applicants. In addition, children in kindergarten are eligible for a free pair of eyeglasses through Alberta's Eye See...Eye Learn Program.Schedule A V.Eye.P. Sunglass Fitting
Eyeglass & Sunglass Brands
Prescription Lens Brands
Our Edmonton Optometrists
Searching for an Edmonton optometrist? Our experienced Edmonton eye doctors use advanced modern technologies and devote upwards of 500% more time towards providing personalized patient care than elsewhere so that they can see more and ensure that you may never see less. Position yourself to see the future today with Edmonton's best eye care!
Learn Why Our Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!