Licensed Optician Position, Edmonton
The Eye-deology Vision Care team is looking for a licensed optician at our location in north Edmonton. Their responsibilities will include assisting optometrists in the dispensing, fitting, care and inventory management of glasses, contact lenses and related items; retail sales and repair of eyewear products; follow-up patient care, pre-testing and liaising with patients. The successful candidate should have at least one year of previous optical experience, strong communication skills and history working in a team environment. Our family focused clinic is passionate about providing extraordinary eye care to residents of Edmonton and welcomes candidates with an equal passion for providing excellent care and customer service to apply.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A dynamic, challenging and rewarding team-oriented work environment that promotes both individual and team development.
- A collaborative, friendly workplace culture where relationships and ideas are fostered.
- Health benefits available.
- 20-40 hours per week.
- Greeting patients and assisting at front desk.
- Providing excellent patient care and customer service.
- Informing patients about the best eyewear products best suited for lifestyle and budget.
- Assisting patients in selecting eyewear.
- Assisting opticians in dispensing frames and lenses.
- Educating patients on the newest eyewear technologies and products available.
- Assisting Optometrists in dispensing contact lenses, solutions and related eye-care products.
- Educating patients on the care, inserting and removal of contact lenses.
- Adjusting and repairing frames.
- Submitting insurance claims and receiving payments.
- Becoming cross-trained on scheduling and pretesting patients.
- Inventory management.
- Contributing to store retail sales goals.
- Sanitizing surfaces and maintaing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Optician diploma.
- Licenensed to dispense prescription eyewear in Alberta (Canada) by the Alberta Association and College of Opticians.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Friendly and customer service-oriented.
- Minimum one years’ experience in an optical environment is required.
- Committed to contributing and performing as a team member.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous retail experience an asset.
About Eye-deology Vision Care
Eye-deology Vision Care is a locally owned and operated eye care clinic in Edmonton, Alberta, dedicated to providing the best modern eye care available. Our unique combination of advanced technologies, patient education, modern eyewear and professional staff ensures that everyone is treated “like family” - nothing but the best! As a locally owned clinic, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients, maintaining a positive, supportive work environment, and giving back to community.