Prescription Sports Glasses & Goggles
Engaging in sports and outdoor activities is exhilarating, but it also poses potential risks, especially for those with vision impairments. Prescription sports glasses and prescription sports goggles have emerged as a game-changer, enabling athletes with vision needs to perform at their best while safeguarding their eyes. Whether you are hitting the hardwood to play basketball, jumping on the court to play your favourite racquet sport, or jumping in the pool, protective prescription eyewear can make seeing your next move that much clearer. Visit the optometrists and opticians at Eye-deology Vision Care for sports eyewear that will give you the edge over your competition.Schedule An Exam Our Optometrists
Eye-deology Vision Care, Edmonton.
Our Prescription Sports Glasses: What Makes Them The Best
- Experienced Optometrists & Opticians: When it comes to prescribing and crafting sport eyewear, there is no substitute for experience.
- Personalized Selection & Fitting: Prescription, size, shape, style, lifestyle, budget - every person is unique. We customize eyewear to our patients.
- State-of-the-Art Digital Measurements: Seeing your best requires prescription sports glasses tailored specifically to you with sub-millimeter accuracy.
- Safety Standards: Our prescription sports glasses meeting CSA and ANSI safety standards.
- Frame Selection: With more than 1,000 frames, we have an eyeglass frame in every shape, size, colour, styles and price point, and for every patient.
- Modern Lenses: We use high performance prescription sports lenses from some of the best manufacturers, including Hoya, Zeiss, and Essilor.
- Customizable Features: Lens tints, side/top shields, padding - we can customize sports glasses to requirements of any job site.
- Exceptional Coatings: Harder than glass scratch-resistance, anti-reflection, and blue light filtering lens coatings protect your sports lenses and offer strain free vision.
- Commitment to Detail: All prescription sports eyewear undergo multiple phases of quality control and quality assurance.
- Free Adjustments: Bumps and knocks can shift lenses and nosepads out of alignment. Enjoy free lifetime sports eyewear adjustments at our clinic.
- Peace Of Mind Warranty: Our protective eyewear include a peace of mind manufacturer's warranty against flaws and defects.
Protect Your Athletic Future.
Protective Sports Eyewear: Glasses & Goggles
Prescription sports glasses are tailored eyeglasses designed for athletes with vision corrections. They combine vision correction with protective features, offering the clarity needed to excel in sports while shielding the eyes from potential impact or debris. Sport glasses are an excellent choice for sports such as baseball, cycling, and hockey.
Prescription sports goggles are impact-resistant goggles that cater to athletes requiring vision correction. These goggles not only correct refractive errors but also provide superior eye protection, preventing eye injuries during high-impact sports or outdoor activities. Sports goggles are the best choice for sports such as racquetball, squash, basketball, swimming, and skiing/snowboarding.Schedule A Sports Eyewear Fitting
Safe, Secure Sight For Sports.
The Benefits Of Sports Glasses & Goggles
The overarching benefit of prescription sports glasses and goggles is that they enable you to see your best so that you may play your best, and so that you may play more and play longer uninterrupted by injury or eye strain. More specifically, the benefits of prescription sport glasses and goggles include:
- Prescription sports eyewear ensures athletes see clearly without compromising their performance. With precise vision correction, athletes can focus on the game, anticipate movements, and make split-second decisions with confidence.
- Both prescription sports glasses and goggles offer robust eye protection. They shield the eyes from external elements, such as dust, debris, and harmful UV rays, while minimizing the risk of eye injuries caused by impact.
- Prescription sports eyewear is designed to stay in place during rigorous activities, preventing distractions and discomfort. They typically have non-slip features and customizable adjustments for a secure fit.
- Prescription sports glasses and goggles are built to withstand the demands of sports and outdoor activities. They are crafted from durable materials and undergo stringent quality checks to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Expertly Crafted Sports Eyewear Require Experts.
Prescription Sports Glasses & Goggles: See Everything
A major misconception is that eye care and eyewear are distinctly separate services. Our optometrists, licensed opticians and labs work together, like architects and builders, to ensure that you receive the highest quality prescription sport eyewear that addresses your unique medical, vision, lifestyle, and budget needs. Understanding your needs, presenting protective eyewear options that address them, and a commitment to exceptional craftsmanship is how we tailor sports glasses specifically to you and your favourite activities, enabling you to see your very best.Schedule A Sports Goggle Fitting
The Canadian Safety Association.
CSA Standard Z94.3 For Protective Eyewear
The Canadian Safety Association (CSA) is a standards organization with the mission to enhance the lives of Canadians with the advancement of safety standards in the public and private sectors through research, development, education, and advocacy. The Z94.3 standard relates to Eye and Face Protector’s compliance for industrial and educational processes. Hazards covered by this standard include, flying particles / objects, heat sparks, chemical splashes, molten metal, airborne droplets, and visible and infrared radiation. For any prescription safety glasses to meet CSA Safety Standards, they must meet exact criteria for which materials can be used and how they are manufactured. They must also be sufficiently thick to pass the Impact Resistance Test, consisting of a 46-gram steel ball hitting the lens surface at an impact velocity of 46 meters per second.Schedule A Sports Eyewear Fitting
Different Lenses For Maximum Performance.
Who Should Wear Prescription Sports Glasses & Goggles?
Whether you are a high performance athlete, in organized sports, or a weekend warrior you are a candidate for sport glasses because they reduce the likelihood of injury and keep you in the game longer. With that being said, the following groups stand to benefit the most from wearing sport glasses and goggles:
- Athletes who rely on vision correction, such as those with nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism, should consider prescription sports glasses or goggles to optimize their performance.
- Individuals participating in outdoor activities, like hiking, cycling, or rock climbing, can benefit from the combination of vision correction and eye protection offered by prescription sports eyewear.
- Athletes involved in high-impact sports, such as basketball, soccer, or racquetball, are particularly susceptible to eye injuries. Prescription sports goggles can provide the necessary protection without sacrificing visual clarity.
High Performance Eyes.
Sports Requiring Protective Eyewear
Individuals who enjoy playing the following sports and activities should consider wearing sport glaseses and goggles. Athletes should always consult their sports association to establish if, and what, eyewear is permitted during play.
- Basketball players should consider prescription sports goggles to protect their eyes from potential collisions with other players or the ball. The goggles will also enhance their vision on the court, improving accuracy and coordination. A U.S. study found that eye injuries most commonly result from basketball.
- Swimmers with vision impairments benefit from prescription swim goggles, allowing them to navigate the pool with confidence and precision. Prescription swim goggles are also essential for open-water swimmers, ensuring clear vision during triathlons and other outdoor swimming events.
- The fast-paced nature of soccer and rugby increases the risk of eye injuries from contact with other players or the ball. Prescription sports goggles provide the necessary eye protection, instilling confidence in players' performance.
- Prescription sports goggles are vital for skiers and snowboarders, offering clear vision while protecting the eyes from harsh weather conditions, UV rays, and potential impact.
- Sports eyewear is very commonly among baseball players. They keep dirt of of the eye, offer a layer of protection from blunt trauma, and offer protection of UV light.
- Whether you enjoy the road or trails, sports glasses offer protection from the environment and UV light, and enable you to see potential accidents before they can happen.
- Racquet sports involve fast-moving balls and quick reactions, making protective prescription eyewear crucial to avoid eye injuries.
Upgrade your outdoor vision with prescription sunglasses. Our Edmonton opticians can craft them to your unique needs.
Provide your child with a clear future and the vision required to achieve great things at school and in life. Visit our Edmonton optical today!
Life happens and bumps and drops are part of the journey. Our Edmonton opticians are here to help you regain clear vision when accidents occur.
FYEyes Blog Posts
Slowing the advancement of myopia generates numourous financial, vision, and health benefits. Learn how myopia can be controlled.
Sports Related Eye Injuries
Eye injuries occur when playing sports. Learn which sports have higher likelihood of eye injury.
Farsightedness is the condition when distant objects appear clear, but reading materials do not.
Prescription Sport Glasses & Goggles FAQ
Sports Eyewear Brands
Prescription Lens Brands
Our Edmonton Optometrists
Searching for an optometrist in Edmonton? Our experienced Edmonton eye doctors use advanced modern technologies and devote upwards of 500% more time towards providing personalized patient care than elsewhere so that they can see more and ensure that you may never see less. Position yourself to see the future with a visit to our eye clinic and Edmonton's best eye care!
Learn Why Our Edmonton Optometrists Are The Best!